Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Another new fan aboard!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member wonderbotbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hi yellow moon . glad i'm not the only new kinda newbie here.. it's a big environment here to boot also. well been hooked to sip for the last year and a half and been trying my darndest to get ppl hooked to them too..i wish al the best of luck here and see ya around

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Anaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's so cool that your bf is an inker! Does he work for anyone we'd know? And can you tell us or is there some confidentiality thing? And also I've been working on my own comics, how hard is it to get into the bussiness? How did he get to be an inker? Did he bring samples to a con or send them to an editor of a comic he liked or just was it a know the right people kinda thing?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Yellow Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Flyonthewall!!

    I understand how Bone can be very confusing when you haven't started from the beginning! I would advise you do so... and if you really don't wanna buy the tpb, you can go on the web site... www.boneville.com. Click on library and then Bone vol.1... you have it all page by page there (but they can get hard to read cause they're smaller than the real pages) but it might help you catch up. You see, Bone doesn't have story arcs like SIP so you should really start from the beginning. Hope this helps.. smile

    Hi Anaka!!

    Well my bf has been inking for a while now... he's a newbie professional I would say. He works with other people. They are a group of pencillers, inkers and colorists. I would send you to their web site but they erased everything on it to start it over and it's still under reconstruction now! I'll check with him if I can put a link or something so you can see... All I can tell you though is from what I hear everyday cause I'm really not a reference in this field... it IS very hard... bring you're stuff to cons, show it to the most people you can, stay in contact, update your portfolio all the time, sending it to editors is good also, and if you're really good you'll find job but you can't imagine how many people go to cons with their portfolio of one little drawing they did once and they think they're ready for the pros!!! Get with others that can criticise you good... and learn from the pros... listen to them a lot cause they know better than you!! (well if they don't... they are the ones giving the jobs at least). Of course they are always people who get in cause they have the right contact but it's not the only way!
    The way up is to get known slowly but surely by the most people possible... they'll start talking about you and then they'll be asking for you I guess!
    I heard that most of the company (american) are not looking for new stories... they fell they can imagine them for themselves... you should draw or ink (or whatever you do) characters that already exists and be very versatile in your style... then, when you're known and have worked enough for them already they might be able to read about your new idea for a comic...

    ... but you can try that right away too, it might work... just work the hardest you can, everyday from 9 to 5 might not be enough, you'll need weekends too...
    tongue

    ask me if you have other questions..

    Yellow moon cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •